Minnesota gathering

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon May 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Betsey wrote:
rainman0 wrote:Joe,
We were there today, and the mosquitoes are pretty thick, so bring your bug spray. :(


I was going to ask you about that - it's either black fly season or mosquito season... :(

Betsey 8)


I've got a 15' x 13' screen house we can set up to help with the mosquitos. Should I bring it?
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN

Postby Betsey » Mon May 26, 2008 9:30 pm

TPMcGinty wrote: I've got a 15' x 13' screen house we can set up to help with the mosquitos. Should I bring it?


Heck, yes! That would be great, if it's not too much trouble. I was going to see if we still had ours stored out in the garage. We haven't used it in several years. If it's there, I'll bring it. Better safe than sorry.

Betsey 8)
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon May 26, 2008 9:41 pm

Betsey wrote:
TPMcGinty wrote: I've got a 15' x 13' screen house we can set up to help with the mosquitos. Should I bring it?


Heck, yes! That would be great, if it's not too much trouble. I was going to see if we still had ours stored out in the garage. We haven't used it in several years. If it's there, I'll bring it. Better safe than sorry.

Betsey 8)


I've got a full size pickup with plenty of room!
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Postby Joe G » Mon May 26, 2008 11:22 pm

rainman0 wrote:Joe,
Thanks for doing that, it is right on the balls.
How did you know the address?

You gave good directions.

rainman0 wrote:Are you going to come?


I plan to be there Saturday afternoon. We are extremely busy at work getting cars ready for the "Back To The '50s" Car Show in St. Paul on June 20th, so I'll be working 7 day weeks until then. But I'll knock off early on Saturday and head up there to meet you all, check out your trailers, and hang out until evening.
My trailer is still in the planning stages, so I hope to get some input and ideas so I can finalize my plans and get my trailer built in time for the next years camping season.

Joe
User avatar
Joe G
500 Club
 
Posts: 517
Images: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:26 am
Location: Minneapolis
Top

Postby Betsey » Tue May 27, 2008 6:00 am

Joe G wrote:
We are extremely busy at work getting cars ready for the "Back To The '50s" Car Show in St. Paul on June 20th,


We show our teardrops at Back to the 50's. Been doing it for several years. It's always a fun time, although the days tend to be long. But we have a great spot and get to see lots of beautiful vehicles. I always look forward to it...a great way to start summer!

Betsey 8)
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Top

Postby MrBuzz » Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 pm

So this is it people!! Is everyone ready for ING 1.0?
I printed out my maps and have at least the vaguest idea of where I'm going.
Spent some time today catching up on this thread:
Rainman's got signs...Betsey's got shirts
We got what looks like berry cobbler coming from Illinois
The beans are still a question mark...
Where's Lori been?
McGinty...Whasssup with the TD? Or are you camping on the ground?
Is someone bringing a goat?

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!!
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
User avatar
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 261
Images: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:13 pm
Location: Wisconsin, Eau Claire
Top

Postby kayaklover » Wed May 28, 2008 5:55 pm

She's still around. I have one kid graduating next week and got another one off to Europe for the summer, so things have been a bit busy at Lor's house.

I should be there by 6:30 on Fri. night , hopefully the thunderstorm moves through on thurs. and leaves us with some great weather this weekend. I'm bringing my son, daughter , and the puppies along.

Do we need to bring any firewood? Water? Anything else ?
I have a screen house I'll bring along.
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
User avatar
kayaklover
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 156
Images: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:51 am
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Top

Postby Claw » Wed May 28, 2008 8:36 pm

OK count me in with a cobbler from Illinois. My son is in the Persian Gulf, the daughter is working and the dog demands my wife stays at home an if I could I would be there at 6:45 on Friday to make sure Lori had something to drink but unless the boss leaves at noon Friday I won't be there till Saturday morning hoping someone has a bit of V8 juice and a celery stalk. I have a rain suit and some deet, a lawn chair and a couple of stories so I think the first Boy Scout rule of being prepared is covered. I am ready to meet some new friends and enjoy some time with some friends who are younger than Tom :EXP and one less than a quarter century old. :ilovecamp:
JIM

Think about It!
User avatar
Claw
500 Club
 
Posts: 855
Images: 120
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: Illinios, Loves Park
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed May 28, 2008 8:51 pm

It looks like a 70% chance of rain tomorrow, 30% chance on Friday and Saturday, and 20% chance on Sunday. It looks like I will be the only one camping in the mud. At least I sealed the seams on my tent today. I will not have my teardrop campable in time. Sorry. I did get it all sanded and the epoxy sealer on it this weekend. No new photos because sanding and sealing don't lend to a significant change in the way it looks.
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Postby kayaklover » Wed May 28, 2008 9:10 pm

Jim , What's the boss's number, I need to call him b4 noon fri. because I need my drink b***h by 6:45. :guzzle: :guzzle: :campfire: :clapping hands:

Have a safe trip up and I'll save a spot for you. If you get close and can't make it ,stop at my house and camp in the front yard. I'll give you the code to get in my door.
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
User avatar
kayaklover
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 156
Images: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:51 am
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Top

Postby Claw » Wed May 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Lori,
:lol: :beer: 815 637 2500 ask for Phil. He just might come out and tell me to go!
JIM

Think about It!
User avatar
Claw
500 Club
 
Posts: 855
Images: 120
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: Illinios, Loves Park
Top

Postby rainman0 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:36 pm

We will make the beans.
We have some water (40 gals.) but I woudn't use it for drinking.
We have plenty of firewood.
Our phone is (320) 282-6950, if you have any trouble finding it.
See you then. :Flippin Burger:
Are there any musicians out there? We need music!
Tim, I'll try to find you a nice level spot. It may not be #68 tho. :)
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
User avatar
rainman0
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 136
Images: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:48 pm
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 am

rainman0 wrote:Tim, I'll try to find you a nice level spot. It may not be #68 tho. :)


Thanks! As long as the nice level spot isn't a nice LOW spot, I should do fine! :)
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Claw wrote:I am ready to meet some new friends and enjoy some time with some friends who are younger than Tom :EXP and one less than a quarter century old. :ilovecamp:


:thinking:
I just can't figure out who that is.
Ahh well, I guess Jim will have to introduce me to this person when I get there...

Dianne
:twisted: :FNP
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member
 
Posts: 676
Images: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Hartford, Wisconsin
Top

Postby TLC » Fri May 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Claw wrote: I am ready to meet some new friends and enjoy some time with some friends who are younger than Tom :EXP and one less than a quarter century old. :ilovecamp:


Gee thanks Jim, you sure know how to hurt a guy!! I'll be thinking of you all this weekend. I hope you have a great time, well, with Lori and Jim there you can't help but have fun.
Happy camping everyone.
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
Image
User avatar
TLC
The 300 Club
 
Posts: 492
Images: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:10 pm
Location: Kenosha, WI
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests