Lake Superior North Shore Camping (Minnesota)

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Lake Superior North Shore Camping (Minnesota)

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am

Hey folks, Baron and I are thinking about camping just north of Duluth on August 3rd through the 5th maybe the 6th. I was thinking either at Gooseberry Falls or Burlington Bay (Run by the city of Two Harbors). Anyone else interested?
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm

:thumbsup: "You guys & Gals sure are spoiled up there in the North country." :cry:
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
User avatar
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman
 
Posts: 360
Images: 232
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:35 pm
Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:17 pm

Yep, it looks darn nice up there... My teardrop is not ready yet though...

Image

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19194
Images: 479
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:49 pm

mikeschn wrote:Yep, it looks darn nice up there... My teardrop is not ready yet though...

Image

Mike...


So use a tent!
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

camping

Postby tjx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:01 pm

Gooseberry falls is a beautiful spot! :)

We've always wanted to go back to that area but unfortunately
we're not able to this time.

tina and jerry
User avatar
tjx
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 224
Images: 109
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: Northwestern Illinois
Top

Re: camping

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:12 pm

tjx wrote:Gooseberry falls is a beautiful spot! :)

We've always wanted to go back to that area but unfortunately
we're not able to this time.

tina and jerry


Just me and the dog so far!
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Postby coreyjhen » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Darn, Tim, why couldn't you have had that a month earlier? I was at Gooseberry Falls the 5th and 6th of July! Not with a teardrop (mine isn't finished yet... big project at work holds me back), but it still would have been nice to see one or two!
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan
User avatar
coreyjhen
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 154
Images: 9
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:41 am
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:22 pm

coreyjhen wrote:Darn, Tim, why couldn't you have had that a month earlier? I was at Gooseberry Falls the 5th and 6th of July! Not with a teardrop (mine isn't finished yet... big project at work holds me back), but it still would have been nice to see one or two!


And I'd love to come down to New Mexico to check out the camping there, if gas prices wouldn't kill me in the process! I've driven through New Mexico on the way to Arizona to visit my sister, and I think it's a very beautiful state!
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Sorry Tim.
I can't this time.
Have fun though!

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member
 
Posts: 676
Images: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Hartford, Wisconsin
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:25 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:Sorry Tim.
I can't this time.
Have fun though!

Dianne


Yea, this one would be even farther than Pine City for you. I look forward to seeing you at a gathering in the future!
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Postby exminnesotaboy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:35 pm

darn - we will be up there(sans Teardrop) over Labor Day week just up the shore from Grand Marais at my Fathers house. I hope we can make it up there with the Teardrop sometime to meet all you folks.

Here is where we sleep when we go up:
Image

and a shot at Gooseberry a few years back:
Image
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 352
Images: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:21 pm

exminnesotaboy wrote:darn - we will be up there(sans Teardrop) over Labor Day week just up the shore from Grand Marais at my Fathers house. I hope we can make it up there with the Teardrop sometime to meet all you folks.

Here is where we sleep when we go up:
Image

and a shot at Gooseberry a few years back:
Image


Anthony, Beautiful camping spot. It doesn't look like you could get a teardrop in there. Have fun on your trip and I hope to meet you some day!
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top


Return to Suggest a Gathering

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest