My last year as Admin for South Central

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

My last year as Admin for South Central

Postby 2bits » Thu May 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Ever since I moved out to the country five years ago I have been on satellite internet and I am guessing that due to the position of the satellite or whatever TNTTT logs me out after about 60 seconds. This makes is EXTREMELY difficult to update the calendar or even to make a post of my own ( I will have to login just to complete this post). I just updated the calendar for the rest of the year and created a couple of new topics for the most popular events (Thanksgiving and April), I had to re login 8 times to complete this and took me over an hour. Since the vast majority of the activity has moved to the horrible world of Facebook the hassle factor for my effort doesn't seem worth it any longer to me. If someone wants to pick up the baton of updating the calendar please educate yourself and ask Mike to be a moderator. No one showed me how to do it so I know you can do it too. Otherwise there just won't be a calendar moving forward which isn't horrible, if someone wants to host an event, just make a post like always and people can just look at the posts.

It also seems like this might be a good time to just migrate to Facebook UGH I don't make the world, I just live in it.... :beer:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/southcentraltears/
Thomas
2bits
2bit Member

Re: My last year as Admin for South Central

Postby madjack » Fri May 18, 2018 2:52 pm

...hey Thomas, hate to see ya go. Since I basically fell otta the admin business on the site, you have done a wonderful jub of moderating the SC section...good luck and happy camping...god I hate facebook.....................
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Fri May 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Thanks Jack, I am still going to be here too, just doing the same and falling out of the admin business too because of the whole internet thing. I think about closing my FB page every day!!
Thomas
2bits
2bit Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:30 am

I haven't had FB for years, was to much drama and (the game thing announcements) back when I closed the account. Had thought for a short time, (very short time) about signing up again for FB. When you and I posted back and forth about BB. Thomas, as you told me, "Really shouldn't have to check two different places to get information".
I'll keep watching post and topics here.
Check in once in a while here Thomas, when you can.. and see what happens here...

Thomas, I can start a post on here for Dinosaur Valley Sept 14th to Sept 17th 2018, if you'd like me to.. so people can connect.. to let others on here know if they have reserved a campsite... David
Thanks for stopping by,, David

"Our build Journal.." http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69528

staryder1956@gmail.com
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sat May 19, 2018 12:53 pm

...to all SCT'ers...while I no longer regularly post, I do read this board on a near daily basis and can help out with some things...with migration to FB, it seems most of the original SCT'ers have kinda forgotten about us over here...while I do understand using FB for communication, a lot of folks never hear about going ons and gatherings unless they just get lucky, sooooooooo, if some from the FB site would place a post over here whenever a gathering is planned, I'm sure it would be appreciated(at least by me)...heck, Marlene and I are camping a good bit more since we got the Casita and would like to make a gathering or two, especially if it is in EasTex...and announced early enough...for example, I want to goto Bob Sandlin...the gathering was over before I knew it was happening...with BB and the LCG shutdown, there is no longer a gathering in the area that has national draw appeal, just may havvta do something about that(maybe).

As an aside to the above...EasTex, and WestAr are littered with COE campgrounds...these are all nice spacious CG's with amenities(NO FHU). However, with a Fed AllAccess(geezer pass), these CG's are 10 bux a night and unlike TxSP's, there is no additional entrance fees and guess what, DRINKIN' is allowed...as long as you don't try to sleep on a speed bump.................
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Sat May 19, 2018 1:17 pm

I have noticed Joyce being very proactive on things lately so she might be interested in the position MJ. I am also interested in what you might cook up as well!!
Thomas
2bits
2bit Member

Postby madjack » Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 pm

I have thought about either DeGray Lake or Lake Ouachita , both near Hot Springs AR and both with multiple COE CGs...I am probably heading their way this summer to take a look...I know Lake Ouachita, having camped there before, is gorgeous, never been to DeGray(Grey)......
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Sun May 20, 2018 8:32 am

Cool keep us posted, I STILL have t done my Arkansas trip even though it is one of my favorite states
Thomas
2bits
2bit Member

Postby Cindy » Fri May 25, 2018 1:01 pm

I went to post our campings for 2018 and Thomas had already posted them. Thanks for that. I keep really current on Facebook and realize that there is drama there. My solution is to stop following anybody that causes drama. The same with the games. I just don't follow anybody that suggests games to me. Dave and I have people that live their lives following our travels so facebook has its place if handled correctly.
This is a great place for people to find us. South Central is a wonderful group but there is room for several groups. Anybody that is camping, can post where they are camping because part of the group may want to camp with them. Some of us are legends in our own minds and people want to camp with us! :)
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby aggie79 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 am

madjack wrote:I have thought about either DeGray Lake or Lake Ouachita , both near Hot Springs AR and both with multiple COE CGs...I am probably heading their way this summer to take a look...I know Lake Ouachita, having camped there before, is gorgeous, never been to DeGray(Grey)......
madjack 8)

We've camped on the state park side of DeGray but have driven through the COE campground. The state park side is very nice, but the COE side is nice also.
Tom (& Linda)
For more on our Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:01 am

Sorry to hear you are stepping aside Thomas .... but understand =) I'm not a FACEBOOK person at all .... been there and do not like the drama and idiots :-))) So dumped it =) On G+ but that is going away as well =( Doing GROUP.IO and it seems good =) I will stay over here with MadJack on the forum is MUCH MORE FRIENDLY and REAL PEOPLE =) Working on the trailer and doing upgrades ( you could not really tell it much though :-)))

Wow almost forgot how to post :-))) ARKPAT and hope to see you in 2019 camping =)
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cindy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:05 am

Hey, I have never seen any drama on the South Central Facebook group. Well once on one of my posts but as soon as it got started I deleted the whole thing. So sorry that most of us have left TnTTT but we try to post both places if it is for the whole group. We love your group for getting us all together. We get this comment all the time, "I can't believe I met all these people on the internet." We are a different group of people because of you.
Cindy Lovelace :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby 2bits » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:24 pm

I think alot of us have "dual citizenship" 8)
Thomas
2bits
2bit Member

Return to South Central