So what goes down next to the ground on the floor boards?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

So what goes down next to the ground on the floor boards?

Postby slowcowboy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:37 pm

So 6 years later still tinkering around on my 2 build..long story to that one....so got my floor done to my new Kampmaster build...got masonite on the bottom and debating on how to procreate it from mud ...you do find mud holes off road in my local rocky moutains...so ...whats everyone doing to procte your floor boards from the weather on the side faceing the ground? In 08 on my first teardrop I just used painted 3 quarter plye....want something a lot better for my 2 build...i got a frame insulated with half inch foam covered up with masonite planing with a half inch ply floor. Yup, heavy, but durable..planning on a lot of wood over kill on a very light frame and the world war 2 British bomber the mosquito ,.wood over kill concept vs metal frame.it worked good with a light duty harbor freight frame kit on my first teardrop build for the last 10 years.i kinda keep what works out over time when I build stuff.....slowcowboy...
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques