Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0TD V-PKG

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0TD V-PKG

Postby PCO6 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:38 pm

I have the non V-PKG edition and so far so good. The V-PKG model is Coachmen's off road model of what I have. I plan to make some modifications to make it a bit more off road usable. I think both models are a good platform for customizing for your specific use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3-HjfFSNbc&t=12s

PCO6
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0TD V-PKG

Postby PCO6 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:49 pm

PCO6
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Cathy P. » Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Our local dealer had 2 of these except in the Viking brand which is basically the same, and they immediately sold. Usually nothing sells that fast here.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Postby PCO6 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Cathy - That's good to hear. It's a new model for this year and maybe it's early yet but I'm having trouble finding other owners. I was starting to worry that no one else wants one! lol
PCO6
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BigGoofyGuy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:32 pm

BigGoofyGuy
The 300 Club

Postby PCO6 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:11 pm

Goofy - That's Coachmen's website. It provides specs and photos for the Clipper Express 9.0td ( http://www.coachmenrv.com/camping-trail ... 9.0TD/4503 ) but has nothing on the off road version, the V-PKG, other than the video link I provided above. The added features are "nice" but, apart from the larger tires, I don't see how they make it any more off roadable.

The basic frame is not bad - 2" x 3.5" rectangular tube side rails and tongue - but all of the cross members are "C" channel. I've stiffened up the 2 rear rails by adding square tubing, angle iron, a few angle braces and a 2" rear receiver tube. I'll be adding a bit more when I replace the 2,000 lb. axle with a 3,500 lb. axle. I don't know if the frame for the V-PKG has any improvements vs. the standard model.
PCO6
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers